Remember if follow me on Twitter you can see my daily progress.
🚀 What I did
- I joined to the Maker's Kitchen slack
- I joined to BuyMeACoffee, you can support me there ☕️
- Without looking for it I ended up doing a skype with a Spanish maker that I respect a lot, I was excited and I opened my mind a little. Greetings if you are reading this! 👋😊
- My 2nd son Alex was born on 21st November, it was quick and alright 🚙🍼
- I bought and started to reading Start small, stay small 👌 Not finished yet but I really love it
And now by app:
- Bot filter 🤖 requested by a customer
- Improved View timing chart at Insights report, was changed to stacked bars with legend, tooltip and filter, suggested by a customer
- 🛰 Sources Report (referrers, UTM tracking and search queries), requested by 2 users
- Little changes and details at homepage: some English typo, reduce Emoji overuse and some text changed based on some users' feedback. I also changed the footer:
- Version 2.0 launched
- 2 new posts: How to find the best time to post for your Ghost blog and 3 differences between posts and pages in a Ghost blog
- I emailed to the users to ask feedback: some did not reply and others did, I decided to listen to them and take action on most things they said I saw that made sense..
- I began to analyze the data that Ghostboard is generating: what do users and blogs that only try have in common? what about the customers? how much they use Ghostboard and have in common?
- I started working on marketing and I still have a lot to do. Let's see if I do a post that brings together everything I do next to results
- I suggested the application to some people because of their messages but none of them signed up
- I met some competitors like Parse.ly or Heap along with user opinions and I realized that mine still needs many hours of work to be competitive, although I will continue to adapt to my use and needs
- I started to integrate it with the marketplace Manifold, but the integration is taking much longer than expected, basically its testing tool gives me problems with the already done endpoints 😖
💰 Results and revenue
The launch of Ghostboard 2.0 was quite poor compared to the first in summer. There were a few thousand visits but few results.
I was surprised that in August I got better results than now. Maybe there's more noise now and it's harder to be seen 🙄
Let's see the numbers:
- ✉️ 0 new signups
- 🌸 2 customers (+1)
- 💵 $12
- ✍️ 7 new blogs
- 🌸 9 customers (+5)
- 💵 $45
- 🎯 1 cancellations
Grow from $21 to $57 is nice but still tiny numbers...
🎯 About the first cancellation by the user on Ghostboard, thankfully I got a reply to my email and it was personal reasons, effectively he closed his blog and it did not make sense to keep the subscription to Ghostboard, he was happy with the app 💌
📺 Coming soon
🤐 We will see what happens in December, I will make the report at the end of the month and I advance that in January I will continue at least one more month with the challenge 💪
👋 Thanks for reading!